Thursday, November 27, 2008

Day 25

Now, I really meant to post this last night! We went to my Aunt's after dinner and ended up staying for four hours. I got to bake bread and play guitar hero with my cousin while they all played Texas Hold 'Em for hours. It was a good night, but when I got home I just went to bed. I should try posting earlier in the day.

I actually went outside yesterday. I wasn't planning on it. I didn't want to because it's November and cold outside. (I'm a wimp when it comes to being cold) Finally said screw it and bundled up. I'm glad I did. While I was outside I felt calm. Like I had no problems. I walked down to the brook not too far from our house. While walking I noticed the mud under my feet. It squished, and I tried to remember the last time I walked around in the mud. It had been a long time. What happened to that little girl who loved to play outdoors all day long? Why is she sitting watching TV and movies all day now? I don't know. I want her back, though.

When I got to the brook I just stood and stared at the clear, cold, running water. Water has never been my favorite element. It's so beautiful though. It's peaceful. Sometimes you just need to notice those things. I did and I'm grateful. Maybe I will fight to find that little girl who loves to be outside now.

1 comment:

  1. Hurray! I think that little girl is right there beside you, not hiding at all - or maybe she is just outside your front door, waiting for you to come out and have your next mud squishing adventure.
    Happy trails to the both of you

    ReplyDelete