Monday, April 6, 2009

Getting Back My Control

Whew! This stress from getting prepared for college really stinks. Most of the time I have a good hold on it, like right now. Other times, like last Friday, I just lose it. xD A breakdown at the very beginning of my weekend is one thing, not having a moment to just sit and relax is another.

I felt like I just lost all control over things. A friend's birthday was on Saturday, so I planned to do something with her at some point during the weekend. I was not, however, planning on spending every moment with her like she seemed to want. She sent me on a guilt trip when I tried to tell her I didn't want to hang out. I just needed ten minutes to sit and do nothing!! And that was in between working on financial aid stuff.

I managed to get some time to myself Sunday afternoon. I think it's crucial to me, so I can wake up in a good mood Monday morning. And I did! My day has been just fine. It's rainy and cold out, but that doesn't bother me. April is always a rainy month, I just hope our driveway doesn't flood too bad this year.

My latest obsession is with the movie Repo! The Genetic Opera. If you haven't seen this movie, I am suggesting it to you! It is the kind of movie you probably need to watch twice to fully understand. The plot is so interesting, and the music is just amazing. I've been listening to the songs over and over.

Easter is coming up this weekend. Tia and I still have to color eggs. Our mom got us a kit from Walmart, I can't wait! We're having a family cook out at my Aunt Jen's. My cousin and I are going to shop for it on Saturday, and I'll most likely be helping with the cooking on Sunday.

I hope there is better weather for some of you! If not, then I hope the rain doesn't bother you too much. The flowers outside are really starting to grow. I'll get some pictures up soon. Flowers are one of my favorite things about Spring.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for standing up for yourself and knowing that you need some time to catch your breath. Sometimes that is a hard lesson to learn in life! It's easy to give in to family and friends, but everyone needs some time to themselves once in a while!

    You have a good head on your shoulders, and I have no doubt that you will do very well in college!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wisdom is truly marvelous my friend. Your sense of self and what you need is something most of us get much later in life.

    I know it's stressful now, but you're laying the foundation for a bright bright future! One you richly deserve :)

    ReplyDelete