Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Joy Isn't Optional

This week's Joy Rebel Mission was to create your own superhero. I had fun with this! It's just an awesome way to act like a kid. Mine is below. I wanted to keep her simple, but I'm definitely going to make another one just for the fun of it.


It wasn't quite as rainy today. I still haven't gotten around to taking pictures of the flowers outside. My sister has, but I have no clue where her camera is right now.

One year ago today my Grandpa Ben passed away. It's sad to think about how much has changed since then. We have a totally different relationship with my Grandma Ben now. It was a long and painful estrangement, and now it's very stressful to deal with that entire side of my family anymore.

It was such a sad time for us all to have him gone. My friends really pulled through for me, though. They helped me a lot. I'll always remember that. I still have the card my NHS group sent me, signed by them all wishing me well. Looking back, it's nice just to know that somebody cared.

I didn't really want to cry today, but looking at that card always does it. I'm going to feel sad for a little while, but I can't let it linger too long. For me joy isn't optional. I'm going to make sure it's there at least in some little way every day of my life. What would be the point of living a life without joy in it?

1 comment:

  1. Hugs sweetheart. It takes a while to be able to get over a death. Let the tears flow knowing that joy will dry them up. :)

    ReplyDelete