Sunday, February 8, 2009

Good News

I finally finished most of my homework. I just got done reading an excerpt from the Dalai Lama's "Ethics For The New Millennium." Just from that little bit I read, I want to read the rest of it. My Conflict Resolution teacher has a few copies, so I am going to ask if I can borrow one if I ever finish the growing pile of books I'm trying to read.

It has taken me all weekend to finish my homework because yesterday we went to visit my Poppa and Mammy (grandparents on my mom's side). My Mammy gave me the most amazing thing. She found my Great Gram's cook book that was given to her on her wedding day from her mother. It's over 60 years old!! Mammy let me use the copier and copy all the recipes. So now I have the recipes, along with all the stains and side notes. It's such a precious gift, I can't wait to try making some of the food!

I got something else yesterday that made the day even better. I got a letter from NECI telling me I got $7,000 in renewable scholarships. Since I am joining a two year program, that means I have $14,000 taken care of! My goal is to leave NECI as debt free as possible, with tons of new knowledge and a good job lined up.


Award Time!

I got this award from Genie Sea. Thank, Genie!! This award is about Great Attitude and Gratitude, something I read about in every one's blog. Every day I read about people making the most of a bad situation, helping someone when they're down, or just being a loving and amazing person. So if you're reading then, go on and take some blog love. <3 It's free! =)

Even though I slept well last night I wish I could just crawl into my bed and sleep some more right now. I'd be up all night if I did, though. I don't think my teachers would appreciate me nodding off in class tomorrow. xD I will, however, go and finish reading my book. I deserve to relax a bit.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! You wear that award well my friend! Have fun, enjoy your rest and your book! You rock! :)

    ReplyDelete