Sunday, November 30, 2008

New Project! Wreck This Journal

Deep down we all have this little perfectionist who just yells and screams at us every time we do something and it's not just right. Mine gets annoying sometimes, and lately I just can't shut her up. I found this amazing book at Borders yesterday that I think may help me squash those negative perfectionist comments. It's probably going to be just as helpful as Soul Coaching has been.

Wreck This Journal is by Keri Smith. Inside there are instructions on every page for how to wreck the book. How she think of this idea? I really wish I knew. Here is a picture of my journal before I begin destroying it. One reason I know I need this project right now- I probably spent 10 minutes taking pictures because I wanted a perfect one. Luckily I got this one right before I started getting mad.
Anyone want to join me? I'd love the company! =) I'm probably going to do a page a day. I'll take pictures and post them here so you can see the destructive process. I'm excited for my new unexpected project. Let's see what I learn from it!

3 comments:

  1. Tee hee!
    I'm a Virgo, so KNOW that perfectionist bit to a T!! Sometimes I think that's what stands between me & having the clutter free home of my dreams - the desire for it to be the absolutely PERFECT C F H of D . . . .

    Have a blast with the journal - destruct away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought my journal at the beginning of the year because I thought it was a brilliant idea! make a journal as messy and creatively chaotic as possible and, well, see how it feels. I have done several pages and have loved it! I haven't picked it up in awhile but thanks to you I think that I will.

    Oh, little tip: on the page that says "burn me" be careful. My whole book nearly went up ( I have a thing for fire and sometimes don't know when to quit).

    Happy Wrecking!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have the book but I will definitely look forward to seeing your journal progress, Tori.

    Dawn, I laughed out loud when I read you nearly burned your whole book. LOL

    ReplyDelete