Wednesday, November 11, 2009

When You Talk

Apparently, when you talk the Universe listens. I felt like a zombie for a couple days. The hours passed slowly in class and I felt overwhelmed by homework. As usual, though, as soon as it gets to the point where I want to complain about it everything gets better. Today we got out of class an hour early. Yay! And because I got so much of my homework out of the way on Monday and Tuesday I only have two things to do tonight. Only lecture classes tomorrow and Friday, so I don't need to get up for class at 6:30 AM, which means I can go to bed later than 8PM. I guess you only need to put up with the bad stuff for so long before things get better.

I have been forgetting to say what I am thankful for! I have a lot of days to make up for, so how about I make a list?

Home
Family
Nice classmates
People who care
The good days

I've had this song stuck in my head for the past few days.

Toes by The Zac Brown Band


Oh and for those who want to know about my Baking class, it is probably the best class I've taken so far. We're in a kitchen getting a lot done, but it is not nearly as stressful as cooking theory was. I definitely prefer baking to regular cooking! If I had to choose between the two baking would win hands down. The homework for class is boring. We have to read certain chapters out of our text book and do a few math problems. The math is similar to what we need to do in class to change recipes, so it's actually useful. It's kind of cool to be putting math to good use.

So far I have been on 3 stations: quick breads, baker, and mixing. On the quick bread station we made coffee cake and scones, when I was baker I baked trays and trays of cookies, and today on mixing station we made 4 different kinds of bread dough. Did I forget to mention that we got a book when we came to NECI full of these amazing recipes? I have the recipes for everything they serve in the bakery and more. YUM!

Unfortunately I have the world's worst partner for this class. I do not like this guy. He is a jerk who thinks he knows everything about everything. He treats me like I'm stupid. He brown noses the teachers. Gah! I'm sorry, I just really don't like him. No one in our block does. I can't wait for this class to be over simply because I can't stand working with him.

I don't want to end this post on a bad note, so I am going to find something happy to write about! How about the fact that Thanksgiving is only a week away? Yeah! I am looking forward to Stuff Yourself With Turkey Day. I even have most of that week off from school.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for the good times!!! :)
    And I really sorry for the sucky partner. LOL

    )O(
    boo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tori!

    That's a nice fun song to have stuck in your head. I've never heard it before! I'll try and remember it on my next girls nite! When you're with that sucky partner.. imagine he's a dick-head.. Literally. (don't tell your mom I told you that, though). That's what I told my Tori. It worked!! Now every time she sees Daniel she laughs out loud and only she knows why!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your baking class sounds GREAT! I like what you've been creating so far but sorry about that jerk!

    ReplyDelete