Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I'm Alive! Sort Of...

I am alive, just busy. Busy, busy, busy. When I went home on Friday I was told about what a horrible week it had been there. My Aunt Jen and Uncle Jay are getting a divorce, which I found out about 4 weeks ago. But about a week ago my uncle started getting a little nuts about everything. Accusing my aunt of stuff, blowing up and throwing things, and refusing to go to mediation, opting to get a lawyer instead. He's making it a nasty divorce, which my cousins definitely DO NOT need. They stayed at our grandparent's home all weekend because of it. In times like this my family really pulls together. I was with them all weekend, doing what I could to help.

Then yesterday (ugh this week is going by slowly!) my new class started. I'm in baking now! This is a fun class, but it has homework unlike the class I just finished. Plus I have all the homework for my other classes that I need to do. I have to write a resume/ cover letter, make an e-portfolio, and read my entire ServSafe coursebook. I've got it all down to a schedule, but it's still time consuming (I did homework for 3 hours straight last night, no break) and mentally exhausting. SO, by the end of the day I'm ready to just fall asleep. Which is good because I have class at 6:30 AM.

I just wanted to post to let you all know why I haven't been around, and why I may not be around much for the next 2 weeks. I have a lot to do both here at school and at home. My parents are buying a house. Finally! It needs a lot of work done to it, though, so I'll be doing painting, cleaning, etc. I hope everything is going well with everyone else. I'll try to read and comment on your blogs a bit.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your uncle Tori! I hope things get better with that situation! Good luck with your homework-hang in there I know you can! All college students feel overwhelmed, but I promise eventually you do get to that finish line! I have been in your shoes. I did 6 straight years of college-working full time (40-60 hours a week) plus took 15-17 credit hours a semester. It was brutal-but I did it and it feels great!
    Blessings,
    Hoi Sum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baking sounds like fun! I always preferred baking to cooking. My husband prefers cooking so it works perfectly.

    I can only imagine how intensive the ServSafe course is. All the rules and regs!

    Good luck and I hope you have fun with the house prep. Sometimes it's fun to decorate,etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow Tori, that's a lot going on! I'm sorry to hear about the divorce, it always brings out the worst in people and is usually terrible to witness and/or go through.

    So curious, what kind of homework do you do for baking class? Hope that the workload calms down a bit.

    That rocks your parents are getting a house, super exciting.

    Thinking of you! Just keep on working hard and doing your best. We'll be here when things lighten up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem! I remember what it's like this time of year in college...getting ready for finals and what not.

    We'll be here when you're ready to come back.

    )O(
    boo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a full life! I am sorry to hear not only about your uncle's divorce but about the emotional upheaval it's causing.

    It's awesome that you have a family that envelopes each other in love and support.

    I'm looking forward to seeing/reading about your baking creations when you have the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just came over to see what you were doing, since I haven't seen you "around" lately.

    Sorry about the issues going on with your family. Hopefully your uncle will remember that there are kids involved and he needs to put them first.

    How great that your parents are getting a house!

    ReplyDelete