Graduation practice is going surprisingly well. We have two plans right now- one for an outdoor graduation and one for an indoor graduation. It looks like we have a 40% chance for rain on Saturday. If it rains and graduation is held indoors we can only have a limited number of people attend, so everyone is hoping for a sunny Saturday!
Boho Mom has honored me with three awards.
The International Reach Out Award:
This award was developed by Tessa in honor of Dr Maithri Goonetilleke's birthday. Tessa was inspired by the way Dr Goonetileke reaches out to others and, with his humanity as her guide, she created this award "to acknowledge the depth and breadth of the warm open-heartedness from bloggers all over the world who reach out and touch their readers with their words." Tessa goes on to quote Dr Goonetilleke: "It has been my experience that whenever one human being reaches out to another in compassion, a bridge is built. A bridge which leads out of despair, into the light of hope and the possibility that tomorrow will hold a few less tears than yesterday.
The Mental Duck to Mental Swan Award is given to two amazing groups of bloggers;
1. To Bloggers who encourage and nurture others bloggers to explore and grow in their creative, spiritual or mental lives.
2. To Bloggers who are blooming and growing creatively, spiritually or mentally in their lives & sharing it on their blogs.
This Noblesse Oblige Award is an award given to those who promote creativity, and positive thinking. The recipient's blog is refreshing and creative and has a clear purpose.
The recipient of this award is recognized for the following:
1. The Blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervade amongst different cultures and beliefs.
2. Their Blog contents inspire; strives to encourage, and offers solutions
3. There is a clear purpose at the Blog; one that fosters a better understanding on Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Cultures, Sciences and Beliefs
4.The Blog is refreshing and creative
5. The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking
The Blogger who receives this award will need to perform the following:
- Create a post with a mention and link to the person who presented the Noblesse Oblige Award.
- The Award Conditions must be displayed at the Post.
- Write a short article about what the Blog has thus far achieved – preferably
citing one or more older posts as support.
- The Blogger must present the Noblesse Oblige Award in concurrence with the Award conditions.
- Blogger must display the Award at any location at their Blog.
I am amazed and touched that Boho Mom thought of me for these awards. It's nice to think that people believe my blog is all of these things. I'm worried that I just come off as a teenager ranting about her life. That's all I seem to do lately. I haven't even been participating in Wreck This Journal! Thank you again Boho Mom! <3
I would like to pass these awards on to Cynthia at SoulCollage Fusion.
I haven't uploaded those pictures from the trip to Boston yet. I'll try to get to that on Thursday. I don't need to be at school until 1 in the afternoon that day! I'm looking forward to sleeping in. I've had little 'down time', but when I do get it I try to enjoy it. I kind of want to just sit and watch a movie tonight once I'm done studying for my final.