Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Some Of My Favorite Things

Guess what? This is my 200th post! I didn't know I'd done that many! I've been thinking about what some of my favorite things are lately... I guess now is as good a time as any to post them. Some are odd, but oh well.

Mac-n-Cheese
Yup, it's probably my all-time favorite food. I don't think I could ever get sick of eating it. I'm picky, though. I don't like homemade mac-n-cheese. I've grown up with the boxed stuff, and I just like it better than any homemade kind I've tried.

Disney Movies
I am such a little kid... I've grown up with Disney movies and I still love watching them. The other day when I said I wanted to just sit and watch a movie? I watched The Rescuers. My favorite Disney movie of all time is Pete's Dragon, though. When we were little my cousin and I used to ask to watch "Pizza Dragon!" And we always fell asleep watching it. I still end up falling asleep half way through it.

The Sound of Peepers
It's just one of those comforting sounds... I love falling asleep listening to them.

The Smell of Cigarette Smoke
This is my comfort smell. Weird, right? Most people hate this smell! All the adults I've grown up around smoke, though. It brings back memories and makes me feel relaxed. I know how bad it is; but there's no stopping them from smoking, and I like being around my family.

These are just a few of my favorite things. I could list more... but I've got blondies to bake!

3 comments:

  1. I was the same way about mac-n-cheese forever! But my husband loved homemade. I finally put together a recipe that he loved and I liked pretty well. I think it's because it's almost like a casserole, lol! It's got ham in it, and tons of good cheese. I'll have to post it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where we gain comfort and why is deeply personal and cannot be critiqued. :) Your list speaks of warmth and love :) Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I just found you via your comment at Magpie Girl. Congratulations on 200 posts.

    What a lovely list. I understand what you say about cigarette smoke. My father smoked for years but the most evocative smell for me along these lines is pipe smoke which brings back memories of a Polish family whose daughter I was best friends with when I was five.

    I can't even remember her name now (sad), but I can remember her lovely uncle, who wafted around in a cloud of pipe smoke that, and I can see the flecks of tobacco on his knitted waistcoat.

    ReplyDelete