Monday, March 2, 2009

March Comes In Like a Lion

Let's hope it goes out like a lamb! We got an extra day of vacation, because it still hasn't stopped snowing. Here's what my front yard looks like.

I can't complain, it's an extra day to sit around. I already read one of the short stories out of the book my Aunt Jen got me a while ago.

I am also going to work on the scholarship applications that have been sitting on my desk, because somehow I haven't lost them. I submitted my FAFSA yesterday! That is a huge weight off my shoulders. It's also kind of scary... I'm graduating in 4 months!

Last night I was practicing with my sewing machine. I failed at making a pot holder out of old jeans. It was too small, and my stitching is clumsy. Which is why it was only practice. xD I'm going to try again today, though. I have plenty of old jeans saved up. Once I can make a decent pot holder I'll start sewing my quilt. I need to learn to be more patient if I want to be good at sewing. I'm prone to rushing my projects.

PS- Happy Dr. Seuss Day!

2 comments:

  1. Snow, snow, snow...when will it end? Love the pic.
    It's been really cold here too.
    I think it's awesome that you're making pot holders out of jeans - wht a great idea!
    I love quilting and have just begun to get my kid into it.

    Hopefully March will go out like a lamb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for spring!

    Awesome that you are teaching yourself how to sew! I've never really learned more than how to sew on a button (or staple a hem, lol!).

    ReplyDelete