Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Banana Bread and Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Here is the banana bread recipe! The bread came out great. I took a picture, but blogger won't let me add pictures to the post. I will try to add them later. I made 3 mini loaves, so they only took about 35 minutes to bake.

1 ¾ C. flour
2 TSP baking powder
½ TSP salt
¼ TSP baking soda
1/3 C. shortening
2/3 C. sugar
2 eggs
2-3 bananas

Heat oven to 350F

Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, and salt
Mix in shortening
Add sugar gradually until light & fluffy
Add eggs and beat
Add flour mixture alternately with mashed bananas little at a time
Beat until smooth

Bake 1 Hour or until done

I also made Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. I use a crisco recipe which can be found here. I simply substituted the rasins and walnuts for a cup or so of chocolate chips.


3 comments:

  1. Way to go Tori! I've always wanted to make mini loafs, I have to find a place that sells those kinds of pans. The loaves and cookies sound absolutely delicious. I hope blogger lets you upload photos soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love banana bread! It's the one thing I have been able to consistently cook with success ~ I guess I pay more attention when I bake it because I WANT it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Love the pics! Thanks for adding them Tori.

    ReplyDelete