On a suggestion from Sacred Suzie I am sending my friend a Rose Quartz Gem. My friend is suffering from depression, and Sacred Suzie told me rose quartz can help calm emotions down. So in her next care package she will not only find cookies, brownies, and maybe some other yummy foods, but also a piece of rose quartz! It is just a piece that I have had sitting on my shelf for about a year. I haven’t done much work with crystals and gems so it will not be missed. I may have another piece that fell under my bed anyway. xD
Before I send her the gem I am cleansing it. There are a few different ways you can cleanse a gem or crystal. The method I am using is one of the more common. I am soaking the gem in salt water for 24 hours. For this method you should use natural sea salt, not table salt.
Other simple methods for cleansing crystals are:
· Running them under cold tap water for 3-4 minutes
· Burying the crystals in the earth for 24 hours
· Soaking the crystals in an ocean, lake, or spring for 3 or 4 hours
· Soaking the crystals in flower petals for 24 hours
· Leaving your gem in a quartz cluster for 24 hours (this also charges the gem)
NOTE: Some gems do not do well in salt water. If you are unsure about your gem, check online.
After you clean a crystal of its energy you should recharge it. I am going to leave the crystal in the sunlight to do this.
· People may use a quartz cluster to charge the crystal (it also cleanses it)
· Your thoughts are very powerful. A crystal can be charged with your positive thoughts. To do this hold the gem in your hands and visualize it surrounded by light. If you feel yourself thinking negatively put down the crystal, and clear your mind before continuing.
· Some believe that crystals can be activated with sound. I am not sure how this works. If you are interested in this method please try it and tell me your results!
I f you are interested in the meanings a good site for gemstone meanings is http://crystal-cure.com/gemstone-meanings.html . There is an amazing amount of information there.
I’m sorry that I don’t know much about the subject. It’s interesting, but it is not something that I have worked with very much. I will try to write another Fairy Post sometime soon. If I can find some good bulbs to plant I will do a post about my garden and maybe plants that the Fae like. Aelwyn wrote about a few in one of her comments. =)