Monday, November 30, 2009

Free Day!

After being at our soon to be new home for 5 days straight it is finally Monday! Monday means Mom and Dad have work, Tia has school, but Tori still has two days free. Hooray! My plans for today are as follows:

1. Blogging
2. Finish making X-Mas cards
3. Sew pillow cases for myself and Tia
4. Clean the house up
5. Prep for dinner
6. Go to Walmart for the millionth time this week because my dad needs cough syrup
7. Finish re-reading Twilight
*8. Watch Phantom of the Opera and Aladdin with Tia

Is it sad that this is a fun day for me? That this is how I am choosing to spend my day? I don't care. I take joy in the small things in life. Like last night; watching cartoons with Tia until we were both tired and then still sitting up together laughing and ogling Johnny Depp in the new People. Yes, I bought it just for the pictures of Johnny Depp. It is well worth the five bucks I spent on it. But, anyway, that was a good night. It is what I miss most while I'm at school.

One thing I will not miss while at school is working on the new house. I'm sick of painting walls. I'm sick of cleaning up after the gross people who lived there before. I'm so glad this is the last time we're moving! My parents have always rented, and we've moved around town a lot. Like every 2-3 years. Now that they're buying a house it's the end of it. My room is still not completely painted, so you'll have to wait a while longer for pictures. I picked bright colors! My room is orange and blue. I needed to contrast the dull boring colors my parents picked for the rest of the house. Tia's room is my favorite, though. We splatter painted her room! It looks awesome.

I am going to turn on CMT and work on the Christmas cards. Oh, they've been playing Christmas music on my favorite radio station all weekend, and now it's on CMT too! That actually makes me happy. I love X-Mas music. One of my favorites that they played on the radio this weekend was 'Leroy the Redneck Reindeer'. It just makes me laugh every time I hear it!

* Number 8 is my favorite and what I'm looking forward to the most. I've been wanting to watch POTO for a while now. And watching it with Tia is even better. It took me more than a year to get her to watch it for the first time! And we have both had the Arabian Nights song stuck in our heads since last night so we want to watch Aladdin. I love watching movies with Tia. <3

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You've got a lovely day ahead.. even that trip to wally world! I've been in and out of that place a lot, too! I should get a free gift or somethin'!

    You've inspired me to blog a list today. And I took my mom and niece home yesterday, after having them here since Thursday. I'm so glad they're gone, now. AND...

    Thanks to you.. I no longer feel guilty that I've been waiting to not be a renter until after my daughter graduates in 2012. My daughter has known my intention, that any house or condo will always have room for her, her cat and a friend or two who might need someplace to crash!

    Congratulations to you and your family!

    HAVE A HAPPY DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my daughter comes home, she likes nothing better than to just sit there and watch tv or a movie. The joy of not having to study or hustle to class is enough for her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a nice quiet day to yourself. I'm just starting to paint, so I feel your pain. It's nice that your parents have their own home now - all the work will be worth it, when you know you are doing it for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A 'new' home - how exciting!
    I have a neat older home - 1900 'farmhouse' ~ 950 sq feet, my dau & her girls lived with me ~ 9 months while she was going thru a divorce, then bought the house next door! Now she's remarried, & they're looking for something bigger - sigh . . .
    I love painting fun colours - you'll love your room! I like painting with a couple of colours & spritzing with water, kind of smearing with a rag to get a cloudy look. My L Room is greys - with some bright banners - I really enjoy my colours!
    Re clearing energy - one suggestion is to smudge with epsom salts in a fireproof container, here's a link that explains how to make smudge sticks or to use the salts: www.jaiya.ca/firedance/creatingrituals/smudging.htm
    I was told to place a crystal (I used clear quartz or amythest) at each corner of the house (outside) to set a protected/ clear field.
    I also have a land clearing exercise that I detail over at the Vale - I try to do it several times a week.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete