Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Happy Dance!

I wanted to share that I did really well on my Practical! The written exam was easy, at least for someone like me who studies obsessively before tests. The cooking part of the exam was a bit more challenging. There were 7 things we had to cook, and we had to have at least 5 of them done in two hours or we had to take the whole thing over. Luckily I got 5 out of 7 done, so I only need to complete those 2 things on Saturday. I was pleasantly surprised with myself for doing so well.

I really don't have much to talk about. I thought I did yesterday, but then I started feeling kind of crappy. I'm feeling better today, but not 100%. I've been listening to PCP all day, and I watched episode 3 of House. Yeah, this is how I spend my day off!

I probably would have done more if I had been feeling 100% better. I know that since I started listening to PCP I have realized that, even though I've been studying this path since about 9th grade, I don't know very much. I know how ignorant I am, and I don't like it. I feel like I am past the "Pagan 101" type things, but I don't know what my next move is. Does anyone have any advice?

7 comments:

  1. When I lived at the coast, I had a harp student who was homeschooling, & her focus that year was spirituality - Buddhist & Celtic Pagan paths!
    She decided to integrate the harp as a door into Celtic spirituality, focused on Celtic music (think she already know some about reading music)
    Don't know if you have a book of Shadows, but for a few years I kept track of what I did for the Sabbats with my harp - & Gael Baudino's book 'Gossamer Axe' is a delightful novel - fantasy of a 6th Century Irish harper who went to hear fairie music at Midsummers, & 'returned' to this reality in the late 1700s - powerful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I lived at the coast, I had a harp student who was homeschooling, & her focus that year was spirituality - Buddhist & Celtic Pagan paths!
    She decided to integrate the harp as a door into Celtic spirituality, focused on Celtic music (think she already know some about reading music)
    Don't know if you have a book of Shadows, but for a few years I kept track of what I did for the Sabbats with my harp - & Gael Baudino's book 'Gossamer Axe' is a delightful novel - fantasy of a 6th Century Irish harper who went to hear fairie music at Midsummers, & 'returned' to this reality in the late 1700s - powerful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, & practicing Land Clearing daily (I give inst. over at the Vale) - I include parks & parking strips etc. in my area! & try to do this daily - & invoke healing for any who hear my music when I play harp or flute - most of my 'practice' is simple & practical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your test success!

    As for your path - don't say you are ignorant - your knowledge is valuable, there's just so much to learn! Pick one subject if you want, Sabbats, Tarot, Astrology, and learn all you can about that one thing. Or if you want a more complete system of practice, I highly recommend the Christopher Penczak "Temple" book series. The first book is a bit 101, but after that it gets more intense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your tests! I know how worried you were, so yay!

    Must be a huge relief off your shoulders. :)

    )O(
    boo

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm glad you did a good job on the test! :)

    oh crap, i totally forgot to watch the new episode of house when it was on! i know what i'm doing during my break tomorrooow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, Tori! Being so responsible, I know you would just be A+! :o)

    Just left an award for you at my page, hope you like it, but no obligation on posting about it, I can see you're already extra-busy!

    Kisses from us.

    ReplyDelete