Monday, February 8, 2010

Time to Re-Evaluate

After Suzie's 'pity party' (Honestly it was more of a liberating rant-fest for women to realize what they want to change in their lives! I urge you to read what people wrote. It's amazing.) and getting some wonderful advice I realized something. I have changed so much lately that I need to re-evaluate who I am and what I want out of life. I don't know anymore! That seems insane to me. This time last year I was so sure of myself and what I wanted.

Now I know that I never knew what I wanted. I knew what other people wanted for me. I was identifying too much with everyone around me, and I was lost. And for the first five months of being here at college I was trying desperately to hang onto that connection I felt because I was afraid. I'm done letting that fear overcome me! I'm going to spend the next two weeks finding myself. I am going to start with who I was trying to be before, then move on to who I am trying to be now.

The reason I'm squashing it all into two weeks? 1) I like deadlines, they help me get things done 2) In two weeks my cousin is going to be leaving for her internship so I'll really be here on my own 3) My third term here will be starting and I will need to start seriously looking for internships

I know that this is a long process and it will never really be over, but I'm making the next two weeks intense! I'll update my progress here on my blog.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tori,

    It can be scary to be at a crossroads in your life, but it is also exciting! Good luck as you try to decide who you want to be and where you want to go! Enjoy your week!

    Blessings,
    Bex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, powerful time! & GREAT time to be doing this, we're heading into Chinese New Year, year of the Golden Tiger, & it's a great time to focus ideal & get more clarity about what you want (& DON'T want) in your life!
    Did you participate in the 'Soul Coaching' book group that Jamie (Suzi's sis) coordinated? That book is great for fine tuning focus!!
    & Feng Shui is a good tool for aligning your surroundings with your goals/path (I'm working on that myself!)
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe it's already internship hunting time. I think we're always refining what we want out of life. I wish it weren't like that, but we constantly evolve as people so things change!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you only the best on your journey of self-discovery! :)

    ReplyDelete